Background Investigation Review Criteria for Civilian Job Applicants
General Minimum Qualifications
- Must be a United States Citizen.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- If prior military service, must have at least a General (under honorable conditions) discharge from the military.
- Must not have used or purchased marijuana/cannabis within the past two years.
- Must not have ever committed a felony.
- Must not have pending or imminent criminal charges.
- Must not have been convicted of driving under the influence (DUI) or driving while intoxicated (DWI).
- Must not currently be in default with any financial institution, or in default or delinquent on any federal guaranteed student loans, court ordered judgments, or state/federal income taxes
The United States Capitol Police is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered without discrimination based on national origin, race, religion, sex (including marital or parental status), disability, age, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
USCP Office of Human Resources
119 D Street, NE
Washington, DC 20510
Phone: (202) 593-3370