Now Hiring: Dispatchers and Command Center Operations Specialists
The United States Capitol Police operates a 24/7 Command Center that provides continuous oversight of the Department’s operations, assists units in the field when responding to incidents, and disseminates important information to the Congressional community and outside law enforcement agencies.
We are seeking civilian Command Center Operations Specialists to provide technical, advisory, and analytical services for the day-to-day management of the Command Center. As a 24/7 operation, this position requires shift work. You do not need to be a police officer to apply, but you will work alongside law enforcement officers.
Serving in the USCP Command Center is an exciting and dynamic opportunity where people, process, and technology come together to secure the U.S. Capitol Complex. In this role, specialists will continuously monitor, analyze, report, and coordinate operations across the U.S. Capitol campus. You will identify threats and simultaneously evaluate the impact of those threats to minimize risk to ongoing operations. Ideal candidates will be able to anticipate problems before they happen, think on their feet during an emergency, and thrive in a team environment.
We are seeking ideal candidates who
- have integrity, high moral character, and self-confidence.
- have an aptitude for current technology and read maps well.
- have worked in Incident Command Systems.
- have excellent problem-solving and communications skills.
- can multi-task using multiple database systems, multi-channel radios, and multi-line telephones.
- have experience coordinating emergency response resources, and coordinating information flow in a military, law enforcement, or emergency management environment.
Join our team.
Communications Operators (Dispatchers)
The United States Capitol Police operates a 24/7 dispatch center that facilitates emergency calls regarding the safety and security of the U.S. Capitol Complex. We are seeking several Communications Operators (Dispatchers) to answer 911 emergency calls, monitor alarms and security systems, and dispatch all police and emergency services across the U.S. Capitol Complex. As a 24/7 operation, this position requires shift work. You do not need to be a police officer to apply, but you will work alongside law enforcement officers.
Being a Dispatcher is a rewarding and fulfilling profession where you can make a difference, one call at a time. Dispatchers must be able to make critical decisions, often with limited time and information during potentially high-risk situations.
We are seeking dispatchers who
- have integrity, compassion, professional composure, and good judgement.
- have superb communication and problem-solving skills.
- have an aptitude for current technology, read maps well, and can multi-task using multiple database systems, multi-channel radios, and multi-line telephones.
Ideal candidates will have a dispatcher or similar certification in emergency police, fire, or public safety.
The United States Capitol Police is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered without discrimination based on national origin, race, religion, sex (including marital or parental status), disability, age, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
USCP Office of Human Resources
119 D Street, NE
Washington, DC 20510
Phone: (202) 593-3370