Four Congressional committees from the U.S. House of Representatives and U.S. Senate have statutory oversight responsibilities for the United States Capitol Police. These committees are categorized into two oversight groups with varying authorities: appropriations committees and authorizing committees.
The oversight provided by these four committees affords the Department the support and opportunity to continually ensure that the USCP meets the safety and security needs of the Congress, the staff, and the many visitors who come to the United States Capitol each day.
To learn more about each committee and their authorities, please visit their respective sites linked below.
- Chairman: Kevin Yoder (Kansas)
- Ranking Member: Tim Ryan (Ohio)
- Chairman: James Lankford (Oklahoma)
- Ranking Member: Chris Murphy (Connecticut)
- Chairman: Gregg Harper (Mississippi)
- Ranking Member: Robert Brady (Pennsylvania)
- Chairman: Richard Shelby (Alabama)
- Ranking Member: Amy Klobuchar (Minnesota)